Application of Intelligent Air Circuit Breaker(ACB)
DW45 series Intelligent Air Circuit Breaker is extensively used as the main switch in the low voltage distribution switchboard of rated voltage of 400V and 690V, rated current of 630A to 6300A, 50HZ or 60HZ. Its function is to control and protect the electrical circuit from damage and prevent power equipments from harm of overload, under-voltage, short circuit and single phase earth etc. Provide with intelligent protecting function and precise selective protection, breaker can enhance the dependability of power supply and avoid unwanted power cut. It comply with IEC60947-2 standard.
Feature of Intelligent Air Circuit Breaker(ACB)
1. Rated AC current: 630A-6300A
2. Short-circuit breaking capacity: 80KA-120KA
3. Rated Voltage: under AC690V
4. Two Types: draw-out type and fixed type
5. Equipped with many types of intelligent controllers, of different functions.
6. Both the 3 Pole and 4 Pole air circuit breakers are available.
7. Standards: IEC60947-2, GB14048.2
Categories of Intelligent Air Circuit Breaker(ACB)
1. Our air circuit breaker can be of two installation types: fixed type and draw-out type
2. Number of poles: 3 pole and 4 pole
3. Operation type: manual operation, auto operation
4. Trip types: Intelligent controller, under voltage instant ( or time delay type) trip and shunt trip
5. Intelligent controller categories: L type(basic type), M type( Standard type), and H type ( communication type)
Normal Working Conditions of intelligent Air Circuit Breaker(ACB)
1. The ambient temperature of our intelligent circuit breaker should be within -5 to +40. The average temperature should not be more than +35(except for customized designs)
2. The altitude should be below 2000M.
3. The relative humidity should not be more than 50% at +40 , the upper temperature limit. At lower temperatures, higher humidity is allowed e.g 90% at 20. Dew that is formed during temperature variation should be eliminated, to increase its durability.
4. Pollution garde: class 3
5. The following have an installation grade of IV: main circuit, absent voltage release coil, power transformer primary coil. Other auxiliary circuits and controls have a mounting grade of III.
6. The circuit breaker should be installed according to the manual. The vertival tilt angle should not exceed 5 degrees.
7. if the air circuit breaker is installed in a small compartment of the switch board, the protection grade is up to IP40. If it is then fitted with a door frame, the protection grade is up to IP54.
Structure Characteristics of Intelligent Air Circuit Breaker(ACB)
1. Our intelligent air circuit breaker can be of a fixed type and draw-out type. The fixed type air circuit breaker is installed within a special drawer to become a draw-out type breaker. Our circuit breaker consists of a contact system, and arc-extinguishing system, operating mechanism, current transformer, intelligent controller and auxiliary switches, secondary plug and socket, under voltage and shunt releases. The draw-out type air circuit breaker has a holder that is made up of right and left side plates, base, beams, etc.
2. Contact system
It adopts integrated contact system, including the main contact and arc contact. The contact is made of high quality material, which does not lead to high temperatures even when it is breaking short circuit current. The contact system is of parallel connection, which reduces the electrical-dynamic repulsion force and improves electric steadiness.
The distance between the moving and static contact is much greater than 18mm as it is required. This is in full compliance with safety requirements.
Note: “Trip” lock device for breaker is optional, the isolating switch is a necessary.
3. Arc-extinguishing chamber
Each pole has an arc-extinguishing chamber, which works to separate and isolate each electrode. The arc extinguishing chamber is enclosed within the insulating base of the intelligent air circuit breaker, which enforces the mechanical strength of arc extinguishing chamber wall and avoids breakage when it is breaking a large short circuit current.
4. Operating mechanism: manual and automatic mechanism
The operating mechanism is located at the front of the intelligent air circuit breaker. It adopts a five-link, trip free structure. It is available with energy storage. The breaker can be closed instantly. The stored energy can be released by a hand-operated button or closing electromagnet. The motor driven mechanism is integrated: consists of an energy storage shaft and main shaft which are connected with concave and convex parts. It is easy to assemble or disassemble.
5. Intelligent controller
6. Drawer holder
The drawer holder of our intelligent air circuit breaker consists of right and left guide rail side plates, base and cross arm. A boosting device and an indicator are fitted to the base. A static contact auxiliary circuit is installed at the top of the drawer holder. The bridge type main circuit contacts are safety separated by a plate at the front.
7. Three positions of the breaker in the drawer
--"ON” position: Both the main circuit and the auxiliary circuit are connected. The separation plate is open.
--"Test” position: the main circuit is disconnected. The separation plate is closed. Only the auxiliary circuit is connected. Tests can be made in this mode.
--"OFF” position: both the main and the auxiliary circuits are disconnected. The safe separation plate is closed.